Oct 4, 2010

Long Point Provincial Park

We left Brian's mother's house this afternoon. It was very sad, she walked us outside and hugged us both and said, ‘I haven’t felt this bad since Susan went off to college’. We hugged her again and reminded her that once we get moved we would be coming up to visit her every month and she should work on her monthly ‘to do’ list for Brian. I felt bad having to say goodbye and leave her all alone. She had travel plans coming up in a day or two so she had something to look forward to with her bridge group. I still can’t believe Isobel is 83 years old.

We arrived at Long Point Provincial Park and it was raining for the last hour of the drive. It was dark by the time we got here so we can't even see where we are until tomorrow morning when we get up. It is not something I recommend when setting up camp!!!! Thankfully we found a few "pull-through" sites because there is no way I was going to direct Brian in backing up this motorhome in the dark AND in the rain to boot. As it was I had to get out of the motorhome, and with my little flashlight act like an air traffic controller, to direct him through the site till we could get it parked. I basically walked ahead of him in the rain as he followed me driving the motorhome like a lost puppy!!! Men!!! Just get out and check out the sites with a flashlight because I want to 'get er done' and obviously it can't be done from the road when you can't see 2 feet in front of you!!! It was funny but a bit frustrating.

Tomorrow our Realtor will pick us up at Long Point and drive us to the new house where we are meeting the home inspector. I'm anxious to see it again and hopefully take a few of my own photos of the inside of the house.

Interestingly I met a man at the campground tonight who just happens to live just down the road from where we'll be living if we get the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are read and appreciated.