Apr 12, 2011

Hanging it all out!



Its official....I'm a country girl now!!!  I'm doin' my warsh and hangin' out on the ole clothesline like Mamma use to do.  


Actually its energy efficient and a great way to save money.  The dryer eats us a lot of power and ain't cheap ya know.  I can't even call it exercise it was so easy.


We've had some nice weather around here lately so I've been doing a bit of everything I can to get outside.  This close to Easter I decided it was a good time to go on a personal 'Easter Egg' hunt.  Yep!  I got a couple of plastic grocery sacks and went searching around my acreage for Teddi pooh.  I actually had a hunting plan walking in small sections at a time until eventually I had searched the entire property. Technically I didn't walk an acre cause the house and the shop take up some ground but still...I'm just sayin'.  


Then I hung my laundry on my country clothesline.  My mother would be proud of me -- at least that's one thing I did learn from her when I was growing up -- did it once or twice when I was a young, complaining, lazy kid.  


Then I raked leaves out of my garden (that was actually the day before) and bagged them up. I've got to get a compost area going so I could make use of that stuff by turning it into dirt for my garden.  We're still working on that.  


I decide I better go for a bike ride, which is another good way to get exercise and use green energy -- mine!.  I rode 9 km -- the roads I've been trying to walk from our house around all the farms and back.  I figure if I can't get there by walking maybe I'll just ride my bike since we brought it back from storage from my mother-in-law's house.  I had no sooner gotten home that day when my neighbors called up and asked if I wanted to go with them for a bike ride.  I hated to turn them down so I thought, 'sure I'll go a little ways with you'......we ended up riding 4 km!!!  So all total I rode 13 km (8 miles) on my bike and some of that was up a few steep hills but I didn't get off and walk, no siree, I just shifted gears, gritted my teeth and used sheer determination.  I can do anything in short bursts, its being consistent that I have trouble with.  I ride my butt off one day and rest doing nothing for two days straight.  It was a hard ride and my poor bike was probably screaming for mercy if it really could talk unlike those TV commercials "can we go out sometime, its me -- your bike"...yeah, right!  I bet my bike has shut its mouth now!  


If we're going to do this a lot more then I have to get a wider bike seat with a lot more padding cause the way it is now, me and my bike are just hanging it all out!  


So now that I've aired my dirty, I mean clean, laundry, I better go get the clothes off the line as it looks like it might rain.


There's no place like home and home is where the heart is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are read and appreciated.