Mar 3, 2011

Secret of a great relationship!

Not my normal subject of discussion but I felt strongly that I have to share this with you and I think you'll see why when I'm done.

I'm not the greatest at recognizing musical artists and matching them with their correct songs.  Sometimes I don't even realize that an artist has been around for awhile then all of a sudden one day I hear a song that I absolutely love and ask who the heck is that?

Well the other day I came across a music video that gave me goosebumps.  I absolutely love this song "Just The Way You Are" and video by Bruno Mars.  Don't laugh but before I came across this song I never even heard of Bruno Mars and now I'm thinking of this song all the time. It is very creative and beautiful.  The lyrics are as beautiful as the music.  I guess this song touched me because it is sung by a guy to his beautiful lady and is the secret to a great relationship.

Relationships would be off the charts if men and women could only just understand the beauty of these words and the importance of saying them to one another.  Stop trying to change one another to fit your idea of who they should be.  It will only end in disaster.  Until you see that person simply wants to be valued and loved for who they really are, you will never be happy and all your relationships will fail.  It took me three times to finally smarten up.  I finally found the love of my life and learned that I had to go into this relationship taking my husband exactly as he is.  The only way to be happy in a committed relationship is to accept each other faults and all.

Before you dive off the deep end and choose to let your heart go wild realize these important truths:

  1. accept that he / she will not be perfect
  2. accept that you will not be able to change them
  3. accept that the one who will have to change is YOU 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are read and appreciated.