Feb 11, 2011

We never know how long we are here

I sent our condolences to a family I do not know, who lost a loved one we just met for a couple of hours one day. If you read this, you will understand why my heart was deeply moved by this man's sudden death by a stroke.

To the family of Charlie De Plancke -- 0ur hearts go out to you.  We just moved to Port Rowan and just met Charlie through his septic business as a new customer. When I heard the sudden news of his passing, we were quite bothered about it because we had just met him a couple of weeks ago when we had some septic / plumbing issues. He was a stranger to us until that day he came to assess our septic issue. His death really bothered me even though I didn't know him. He was in our house and stood outside on our front porch talking with me. I told him that he reminded me of my brother, who had passed away. I never asked Charlie whether he had a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I don't know if he was at peace with God or not but I'm sorry I didn't have the courage to find out by asking him when I had the chance. He seemed like a really good-hearted man and it was a reminder to me that people cross our paths every daily and we never bother to ask if they are headed in the right direction. None of us know how long any of us have until we meet the Lord for the final time. Having lost everyone in my family and being the only one left, I truly know the pain you must be feeling as the remaining family of Charlie. My prayer is that God will comfort you and draw you close to Him during this grieving time in your life.

De PLANCKE, Charles Camiel - passed away suddenly on Saturday February 5, 2011 at the Brantford General Hospital. Charles De Plancke of RR# 1 St. Williams in his 51st year. Charles operated Bayside Septic Service Inc. for 22 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are read and appreciated.