Feb 1, 2011

How wonderful it feels to be a grandmother

I was just thinking how wonderful it feels to be a grandmother.  I know that grandchildren and grandparents have a special bond that others cannot understand unless you have experienced it.  I know my children grew up truly knowing their grandparents well, looking forward to visits with them and just enjoying life with these awesome seniors on their side, always.  When I was growing up I do not remember a lot of happy memories spent with my grandparents but there was a lot of competition back then.  My grandparents had a lot of grandchildren  -- so cousins who got to see "grandma & grandpa" a lot more than me, well, I just missed out a lot.  When I did see them, it was more like a warm memory of their house, their food, just listening to their voice.  

I really want my grandchildren to know me and my husband as their grandparents that played with them, listened to them, kissed all over their faces, hugged them till they almost popped, went places with them and experienced life with them.  We hope they always have fond memories of us and always feel loved and accepted and special because they are.

Dedicated to my grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are read and appreciated.