May 10, 2011

New life on Green Acres

What's been happening lately?  Well, we've got some Robins that have been busy.  Two of the Robins built nests at each end of our porch.  One of them built a nest in a small tree.  I've checked the two nests on the porch and discovered that each nest had eggs in them -- four in one nest and three in the other nest.








The Robin's nest in the tree must have had a head start before the Robins nesting on the porch. When I went to take photos of her eggs, I found 3 new baby birds so tiny that they must have been only a few days old.




I also set out my Hummingbird / Oriole feeder the other day.  I am not exaggerating in the least when I tell you that in less than a minute I had a Hummingbird come to take a taste test.  I've seen several Orioles nearby but have yet to snap a photo of one anywhere in the yard much less photograph one at my feeder.









  While taking photos of the newly, sculpted lawn I saw an Eagle.  Ok, it might have been a hawk, but it glided on the air pockets above us with such dignity and grace that only belongs to an Eagle.  
I'm telling you this bird knew who he was.  He owned the air!!!


Brian borrowed the neighbors lawn tractor and mowed our acreage last Thursday.  Everything is growing so much.  The flowers are coming up. Spring is here!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are read and appreciated.