Apr 21, 2011

What I will do for a piece of chocolate cake

Died-And-Gone-To-Heaven Chocolate Layer Cake
My husband needed a cake to take to work for a company potluck lunch.  He really wanted me to make this particular cake recipe from the "Eat, Shrink and Be Merry" cookbook.

I love Greta and Janet Podleski's recipes, especially their newest cookbook I've been cooking out of lately. This cake is the only recipe that the girls clearly state is NOT low-fat or low-cal but oh my gosh it is really, really good and so worth the effort.   Yeah, well, see the deal was that I would bake and create this masterpiece but I had to have a sample before he could take it to work.  These people are just going to have to understand that I had to sample it to make sure I had made it correctly..............that's my story and I'm sticking to it.


Oh and for the record and for the sake of Greta and Janet's recipe, this cake was suppose to be baked in    3 round cake pans but I didn't have any so I had to compromise by using an oblong pan.  I posted it on Greta and Janet's facebook page.  These funny cooks have such a great sense of humour and are just so down to earth.  They responded to my FB post.


1 comment:

  1. That looks so yummy!!!!!!!! You sure you don't want to make one more when we come visit?? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are read and appreciated.