Mar 18, 2011

Ur In Nation

wind turbines towering high above the trees 


traveling life's highway

My goal is to get healthier now that we've moved to the country and lose weight by exercising, right.  I knew when we moved here I would begin walking as soon as the Winter season was over. The last couple of weeks have been ideal for getting outside to begin my walking plan.  The plan was to "walk around the block" keeping in mind that my block is 9 kilometers or 5 1/2 miles because I live in a rural area.  I measured the distance by car, marking down each landmark for every half of a kilometer. I try to take a few photos along my journey just to keep it interesting.


old buildings, possibly used for hay storage for firewood

The first day I walked 2 km, which is 4 km round trip (almost 2 1/2 miles).  No problem.  I was so proud of myself.  The next walk I made it 2.5 km, which is 5 km round trip (3 miles) but half way in I felt the need to urinate.  Holding it as long as I could I was finally forced to hide and relieve myself before I got home.


twisted tree branches
Today I walked 3.5 km, 7 km round trip (4 1/3 miles).  Once again the strong urge to eliminate came upon me.  I was able to hold it until I got home. 




trickling, running water, snow melting in the fields.... 


The need to urinate is disrupting my workout so now I'm wondering what I can change to avoid voiding while I'm walking.  My long-term goal is to walk much longer and a much further distance so I've got to figure something out.  I've decided to try walking earlier in the morning BEFORE I've had my coffee or anything else to drink.   I don't want to become dehydrated because that really does make me sick with headaches, body aches and nausea.  One article I read suggested that I drink a large glass of water one hour before going on the walk, then urinate immediately before I start my walk.  The reason for this is to make sure I am well-hydrated but have eliminated extra fluid before starting my walk. 

If this doesn't work, I may have to invest in adult disposable undergarments.  
It "depends" on how things don't go.  


2 comments:

  1. Love the title to this, LOL! I hope you figure out something because holding it is no fun! Way to go on your walk today, you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures. Wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are read and appreciated.