Nov 30, 2010

North Souix City, South Dakota

Drove across the cold, windy state of South Dakota. Staying tonight at the Comfort Inn. We have almost re-charged our physical batteries even though driving 6 hours a day seems like it too much, its kind of a nice change. I just can't believe how friggin' cold and windy it is here in South Dakota. I've got wind burns on my face but after meeting a homeless woman tonight, I am counting my blessings!!! This woman and her family are staying at the motel because a tornado destroyed their house this year. They were living in their motor home until winter arrived, now they're living in the motel until their house is rebuilt. She said it took this long to finally get the insurance to settle up and the house is just getting started to be rebuilt so they have another 6 months living in the motel.

I think we need to all look around us and thank God for what we have. No matter what we have to complain about, there is always someone next to us that has it worse off. I'm so thankful for everything we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are read and appreciated.