Sep 25, 2010

Leaving Michigan

This was hard leaving the grandsons and my family but I know that we will see them again in a few months after we finally move to Ontario.   Some of the highlights of our visit with the kids:

1. Grandpa and Sage playing at the school ground
2. Grandma and Sage playing in the backyard
3. Kissing and holding new baby Christian
4. Coley and mom late night chat and dueling computers
5. Shopping at Target
6. Fawn and Char shopping at Wal-mart
7. Char getting her glasses caught in her hair and needed store assistance
8. Coley & Brian golfing
9. Coley's salsa and fajitas
10. Coley getting his new truck
11. Mornings with Sage
12. Walking to the Beach - asking jogger for prayer.








Let me explain #12 (Walking to the Beach - asking jogger for prayer) because it is a good story. As I was walking Teddi heading to the beach, I was praying about our house selling. Then as a woman was jogging toward me, I was inpressed to ask her something. I yelled over to her as she neared me, "Excuse me, would you happen to be a Christian?" She answered, "Yes, I am." She stopped as she reached me. I asked, "Would you mind praying for me?". She crossed the road and I explained that I am a little anxious about our house selling back in Calgary, explaining that I live in Canada. She nodded and said lets pray right now. She prayed for peace for me and my family about this house selling and then prayed for God's perfect timing and following his plan and so forth. I agreed with her in prayer. Then she said, "I believe strongly in the scripture 'you have not because you ask not' so I appreciate that God must have wanted you to ask me for prayer." Then we said our goodbyes and as I walked on to the beach ahead, I thought to myself, "Thank you God that you put this into my heart and I heard you. I'm so glad I obeyed you and acted on that impulse to ask that woman for prayer. I leave this in your hands." When I got to the beach, I stood there looking out and took in the beauty and majestic size of Lake Michigan. The beach, the waves, the wind blowing moist air upon my face, the cool waves washing over my feet as I stood on the sinking sand. I thought of the scripture that talks about not building your house on sinking sand but on the rock. I looked at the wet beach and could almost see the footprints in my mind from the footprints poem. I truly felt His peace and the letting go of the worry. I know it will be a continued release, just as the waves continually wash in, I will probably have to continually let go of this worry and continually bring this concern before the Lord. I know one thing -- it truly is in his hands.    "...the times when you have seen only one set of footprints, is when I carried you". (Mary Stevenson's poem 'Footprints in the Sand')

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are read and appreciated.