Sep 16, 2010

Rondeau Provincial Park

Arrived at Rondeau Provincial Park near Blenheim, Ontario. Was having a very emotional day as we left Brantford this morning. It all became very overwhelming for me as we found ourselves traveling the back roads looking for houses. It felt as though we were lost but we weren't. I had a panic attack and broke down. It just closed in on me and hit me hard. We decided to go back to our original plan, calm down and drive along Lake Erie and check out the little towns we could be living in to see if can get a better sense for the area. The stress was really getting to me of all this waiting while we move forward....in other words traveling by blind faith but tonight, well tonight God gave me the most beautiful signs that He is with us and that we are on the right path.

Our campsite has electricity but other than that it isn't much of a park....or so I thought. I remember the poster about nature trails and what this park has to offer. It mentioned the Monarch Butterfly migration. I didn't think much about it but just as it was getting dusk, we looked and suddenly notice 100's literally 100's of Monarch Butterflys roosting in the trees for the evening. We were able to get some pictures. I turned to Brian and said, this is a sign from God -- butterflys are symboling of transformation, change and new beginnings. Think about it. How many butterflys did we see all along this trip? 1. Mackinac Island Butterfly Conservatory, 2. walking Sage back from the playground we saw about 10 Monarch butterflys, 3. must have been 100 Monarchs roosting in the trees this evening.

It had been a rough day for us...stressing out while trying to get off the backroads and stop trying to find houses to look at; I had a panic attack and started crying. Then tonight, it all changed. It was like God was showing me that we were like the migrating butterflys -- we're on the right path.

Then we walked Teddi through the quiet campground over to the most beautiful setting for a sunset -- on the lake. I couldn't risk going back to the camper to get my camera so we were forced to sit down and remember it. It was the most peaceful moment in my life!!!! It was magical and time-stopping beautiful. I felt the best peace ever in my life. I knew what God was doing -- I turned to Brian and said 'God wants us to know His perfect peace and that we should be at peace about all this...He's got us on the right path and its all going to be ok.'


Finally we had to finish the walk with Teddi but I asked Brian to give me a minute. Then I prayed and thanked God for everything.

Sept 15th -- the next morning. I got up early and started walking toward the sounds of ocean waves against the shore. I followed the sound across the backside of the campground till I found a footpath to the beach. There it was...Lake Erie! The beach was desserted and quiet. The houses along the shore must be leasing the government land but all was quiet. I listened to the waves rolling in and took a couple of pictures, then headed back to campsite.



We found a dragonfly inside the camper this morning. When Brian walked to Lake Erie, he came back and told me he was swarmed by about 50 black flies and began to tell me the annoyance of black flies...something I am not familiar with. I only thought I would have to worry about millions of mosquitos in Ontario but the black flies sound horrible. There are a lot of bugs here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are read and appreciated.