Sep 8, 2010

Traveling through Michigan - Part 3




Last night it rained the whole evening and we discovered a tiny leak in the bedroom vent cover. To keep from getting the bed wet, we put Teddi's kennel on my side of the bed with a pot on top of it. I slept on Brian's side of the bed and he slept in one of the upper bunk beds above the cab of the motorhome. After breakfast, we pulled out of Van Riper State Park and drove to Marquette where we stopped at a Wal-Mart for duct tape and a screwdriver to temporarilly fix the tiny hole. We drove all day, mostly along the coast of Lake Michigan, to St. Ignace in the pouring rain!

We arrived this evening in St. Ignace and are staying at the KOA. We spent the rainy and windy evening in our motorhome reading our books and watching a DVD.


 How Teddi rests like this I'll never understand but this is her 'I'm so relaxed I'm dead' pose.

We are one day away from seeing Coley & Fawn and Sage & Christian. We are so excited! I can’t believe it! Finally, it is going to happen. I’ve waited so long for this moment.

In the morning we are taking the ferry to the Mackinac Island first. That trip will take about 5 hours. The KOA arranges a shuttle bus to take you to the ferry and picks you up. Then we'll come back and head to Grand Haven to see the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are read and appreciated.